Why is this important?
Taking public transit or engaging in sustainable and active transportation, such as walking, cycling or other forms of low-carbon travel, not only creates less air pollution and carbon emissions, but can also improve fitness, reduce stress and increase social interaction in the community.
What actions can we take?
- Take steps to foster/ support the use of public transit and sustainable, active transportation by staff and/or families.
- Share information on public transit options.
- Consider providing a public transit stipend to employees.
- Consider providing preferred (or free) parking for employees who carpool or use low or zero-emission vehicles.
- Provide bicycle racks for use by staff and parents/ guardians.